• Atlético Mineiro
  • Fluminense
  • Grêmio
  • São Paulo FC
  • Corinthians
  • Internacional
  • Vasco da Gama
  • Santos FC
  • Sport
  • Palmeiras
  • Atlético PR
  • Chapecoense
  • Ponte Preta
  • Avai
  • Cruzeiro
  • Flamengo
  • Figueirense
  • Goias
  • Coritiba
  • Joinville

Miler Bolaños happy to join Grêmio after turning down the chance to go to China

 

25-year-old forward Miler Bolaños, who was on the verge of signing for Chinese club Changchun Yatai, took a U-turn and opted to join Grêmio to take part in the Copa Libertadores this season.
Bolaños changed his mind after being indicated by Ecuadorian national team coach Gustavo Quinteros who wanted to see the player in a more competitive league. Grêmio have been following Bolaños since December last year, and decided to go all in for the player in recent days, but confidentially. Club director Rui Costa and the lawyer of the club, Gabriel Vieira, went to Guayaquil to finalize the details with Emelec. Grêmio are paying approximately €4.5 million for 70% of his rights, and the remaining 30% will stay with the Ecuadorian team for future negotiations.
Bolaños told Rádio Bandeirantes: "It is very important, I spoke with the leaders and they talked about the Copa Libertadores. I'm happy to be part of this project. I will give everything I have, and show why they are seeking my contract. Months ago, I had the opportunity to speak with Frickson Erazo [played at Grêmio last year], who knows the club and the city. He spoke very well, it's a very important team, the facilities, the fans... I want to come and work and give everything to the club."

25-year-old forward Miler Bolaños, who was on the verge of signing for Chinese club Changchun Yatai, took a U-turn and opted to join Grêmio to take part in the Copa Libertadores this season.

Bolaños changed his mind after being indicated by Ecuadorian national team coach Gustavo Quinteros who wanted to see the player in a more competitive league. Grêmio have been following Bolaños since December last year, and decided to go all in for the player in recent days, but confidentially. Club director Rui Costa and the lawyer of the club, Gabriel Vieira, went to Guayaquil to finalize the details with Emelec. Grêmio are paying approximately €4.5 million for 70% of his rights, and the remaining 30% will stay with the Ecuadorian team for future negotiations.

Bolaños told Rádio Bandeirantes: "It is very important, I spoke with the leaders and they talked about the Copa Libertadores. I'm happy to be part of this project. I will give everything I have, and show why they are seeking my contract. Months ago, I had the opportunity to speak with Frickson Erazo [played at Grêmio last year], who knows the club and the city. He spoke very well, it's a very important team, the facilities, the fans... I want to come and work and give everything to the club."

 

 
 

Latest News.

  • All
  • Seleção
  • Teams
  • Players
prev
    next

    Football Forum

      prev
      next
      To the top