• Atlético Mineiro
  • Fluminense
  • Grêmio
  • São Paulo FC
  • Corinthians
  • Internacional
  • Vasco da Gama
  • Santos FC
  • Sport
  • Palmeiras
  • Atlético PR
  • Chapecoense
  • Ponte Preta
  • Avai
  • Cruzeiro
  • Flamengo
  • Figueirense
  • Goias
  • Coritiba
  • Joinville

Corinthians confirm Cléber signing

Corinthians have officially confirmed the signing of Ponte Preta's highly-rated defender Cléber for a fee estimated in 2 million Euros.

The 22-year old centreback has impressed at Ponte Preta during the São Paulo State League and had previously been linked to foreign clubs as well.

Cléber signed a four-year deal with the Timão, contract until December 2017.  He had been training at Corinthians despite the fact the deal was not done yet.

The negotiations were long and complicated due to the amount of third party and agents involved. Third parties lead by DIS will retain 80% of his rights, while Corinthians have bought the remaining 20%.

As Chicão is aging and has still not renewed his contract, Cléber is considered his ideal replacement.

 
 

Latest News.

  • All
  • Seleção
  • Teams
  • Players
prev
    next

    Football Forum

    To the top