Abel Braga: Wallace to Chelsea agreed long ago
Fluminense manager Abel Braga confirmed to reporters on Wednesday that the sale of full-back Wallace to Chelsea was agreed "long ago", despite both parties' officially refusing to confirm the transfer.
Wallace, 18, is set to join Chelsea next June after the two sides reportedly agreed a €5.5 million deal for his transfer - as revealed by Globo Esporte on Wednesday.
Later in the day, Abel Braga confirmed to reporters that Wallace would leave the club next season and insisted it was the right move for all parties involved.
"The sale of Wallace was agreed a long time ago, he is a player that has come through well," Braga told reporters.
"You think clubs from abroad sign him players on the basis of one game? They analyse players for two or three months, sometimes a year. They are taking a great player and Fluminense is right to sell him."
Fluminense executive director Rodrigo Caetano also confirmed that negotiations had taken place, but insisted nothing had been finalised. However, he pointed to a confidentiality clause that meant he could disclose nothing more regarding the move.
Caetano told Terra: "I can't deny that there is a negotiation with Chelsea, but it's not complete and we still need to sort the documentation.
"There is a confidentiality clause and it will be tricky if information is leaked. We hope that does not happen."