• Atlético Mineiro
  • Fluminense
  • Grêmio
  • São Paulo FC
  • Corinthians
  • Internacional
  • Vasco da Gama
  • Santos FC
  • Sport
  • Palmeiras
  • Atlético PR
  • Chapecoense
  • Ponte Preta
  • Avai
  • Cruzeiro
  • Flamengo
  • Figueirense
  • Goias
  • Coritiba
  • Joinville

Santos chase Cruzeiro's Montillo as Ganso replacement

VIPCOMM

Santos are chasing Cruzeiro's playmaker Montillo as a replacement for the outgoing Ganso according to club officials.

Cruzeiro are reportedly asking for €14m for their share of the player's rights but Santos are struggling to raise the necessary funds to match the asking price.

Santos vice president Odílio Rodrigues told reporters: "Santos have made a new bid, we are showing interest in the player again. Santos will continue to negotiate with Cruzeiro as we have received no official response rejecting the offer. 

"Santos will sell their share in Ganso. For Montillo, we are willing to negotiate for Cruzeiro's 60%. Investors [who own the remaining 40%] will follow the player, and bring investment to Santos and be our partners."

Signing a replacement for Ganso is seen as the most vital part of the club's business in the transfer window having already failed in bids for Al-Ittihad's Diego Souza, Bayer Leverkusen's Renato Augusto and PSG's Nenê.

 
 

Latest News.

  • All
  • Seleção
  • Teams
  • Players
prev
    next

    Football Forum

    To the top