Father of Real Madrid star Kaká dismisses speculation over his sons future
The news released by Spanish newspaper Marca on Thursday that Real Madrid midfielder Kaká will be leaving the club in the January transfer window to enable the club to increase the salary of Cristiano Ronaldo has been dismissed by the player's father.
Kaká, 30, has not had the greatest of times in Madrid since signing from AC Milan in for around €60 million, and the report suggested that Jose Mourinho's team were willing to part with the playmaker, even for free if needed, to release funds for a new contract for Cristiano Ronaldo, who has become a target for Paris St-Germain.
However, Bosco Leite, the player's father, denied this was true in an interview with Lancenet!, and also denied that his son had been in contact with Corinthians.
He said: "I do not have that knowledge. For now, the way it is, his idea is to stay in Europe. It may be that this changes, but today, I do not know.
"It was never spoken of Corinthians. And Corinthians also never said anything."
Kaká fits the profile that Corinthians are looking for in trying to bring in a star name to the club, but they may face competition from the New York Red Bulls, who are said to want to reunite the star with his brother in the MLS.