On the rise, Rodrygo becomes one of Real Madrid’s most decisive players
Rodrygo, a Brazilian striker, continued his strong form in the latter months of the season, becoming one of Real Madrid’s most important players. The player scored two goals and was instrumental in the merengue club’s comeback victory against Manchester City in the European Champions League semi-final. The Spanish team carried the game to extra time and won 3-1, securing a place in the grand finale.
The final of Europe’s most prestigious club championship will be contested in Paris on May 28th, versus Liverpool. Rodrygo, who is regarded as a luxury reserve for Real, may now start after gaining popularity among Madrid supporters and the media.
The 21-year-old striker was hailed in Spain’s major media. The player “performed a miracle” for “Marca.” “There is no phrase to describe such bliss,” says the “As.” The athlete’s ownership is already being blamed by “Mundo Deportivo” for the European decision.
Rodrygo was lauded for scoring two goals in under a minute during the last stretch of the contest, which saw Real eliminated by City. In the 28th minute of the second half, Mahrez put the English on the upper hand. Rodrygo equalized in the 45th minute and won the game in the 46th minute, which was already stoppage time. The game proceeded to extra time, and Benzema scored the third goal from a penalty, ensuring Real Madrid’s qualification.
Numbers to marks achieved by Rodrygo
After his two vital goals against Manchester City, Rodrygo also set various records and achieved significant milestones. For example, he is credited with scoring the 1,000th Brazilian goal in the history of the European Champions League.
The attacker also became the youngest Brazilian to score 10 goals in the UEFA tournament, surpassing Gabriel Jesus, who played Rodrygo in the semi-final. Check out the data for this rating as well as the player numbers for Real Madrid.
Youngest Brazilians to score 10 goals
- 1st place: Rodrygo (in 26 games) at 21 years, three months and 25 days;
- 2nd place: Gabriel Jesus (in 19 games) at 22 years, seven months and 23 days;
- 3rd place: Neymar (in 19 games) at 23 years, two months and 16 days;
- 4th place: Kaká (in 30 games) at 23 years, eight months and 14 days;
- 5th place: Adriano “Imperador” (in 11 games) at 23 years, nine months and six days;
- 6th place: Ronaldinho Gaúcho (in 14 games) at 25 years, 11 months and 14 days;
- 7th place: Jardel (in 21 games) aged 26 years and three days;
- 8th place: Roberto Firmino (in 11 games) at 26 years, six months and 22 days;
- 9th place: Ronaldo “Phenomenon” (in 24 games) at 27 years, two months and four days;
- 10th place: Rivaldo (in 19 games) at 27 years, ten months and ten days.
Rodrygo’s numbers for Real Madrid
Rodrygo has appeared in 44 games this season, scoring eight goals and providing nine assists. When compared to previous season, the player has already outperformed himself, having appeared in 33 matches, scoring two goals and providing eight assists in 2020-2021.
About Real Madrid
Real Madrid are regarded as the most successful football team in history. They hold the record for most championships in both the Spanish Championship and the European Champions League, 35 and 13 titles respectively.
In the current season, the merengue team have already been declared La Liga champions and are also in the Champions League final. Barcelona have been unable to catch up with their main competitor in the Spanish Championship, and Liverpool will want to prevent Carlo Ancelotti’s side from further isolating themselves in the European trophy rankings.
In addition to Rodrygo, Real Madrid’s excellent team includes Brazilians Éder Milito, Marcelo, Casemiro, and Vincius Jnior.