Vote for the Samba Gold 2020 winner! 30-man final short-list announced
Another edition of the highly anticipated Samba Gold award is here again! The final shortlist of Brazilian players who have impressed over the past year in Europe has been released.
Taking January to December 2020 into account, goals, asissts, titles won and player roles for their respective clubs would be among the major the factors used to decide the winner of the award.
Alisson Becker is the current holder of the prestigious award after his exploits for Liverpool in 2019.
Voting will come in from three categories and will consist of three different groups: regular readers of the Sambafoot website, invited football players and journalists.
All votes across all categories will be given same importance and count towards the actual winner.
Usually, the prize is awarded on the 2nd of January each year. However, the uncharacteristic coronavirus pandemic which plagued 2020 means the award will be announced at the end of February this time around.
Below is the final 30-man nominee list for the Samba D’or award:
- Alex Sandro (Juventus)
- Alex Telles (Manchester United)
- Alisson (Liverpool)
- Arthur (Juventus)
- Bruno Guimarães (Lyon)
- Carlos Vinicius (Tottenham)
- Casemiro (Real Madrid)
- Danilo (Juventus)
- David Luiz (Arsenal)
- Diego Carlos (Sevilla FC)
- Douglas Costa (Bayern Munich)
- Ederson (Manchester City)
- Everton Cebolinha (SL Benfica)
- Fabinho (Liverpool)
- Fernandinho (Manchester City)
- Gabriel (Arsenal)
- Gabriel Jesus (Manchester City)
- Lucas Moura (Tottenham)
- Marcelo (Real Madrid)
- Marquinhos (Paris Saint-Germain)
- Matheus Pereira (West Brom)
- Neymar (Paris Saint-Germain)
- Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)
- Raphinha (Leeds United)
- Richarlison (Everton)
- Roberto Firmino (Liverpool)
- Rodrygo (Real Madrid)
- Thiago Silva (Chelsea)
- Vinicius Junior (Real Madrid)
- Willian (Arsenal)