Palmeira’s Dudu is on the verge of joining Al Duhail on loan

Palmeiras midfielder Dudu is close to joining Qatar outfit Al Duhail and the negotiations between both clubs have already gotten to an advanced stage.
by Sambafoot
07/07/2020 6:20 PM
Dudu Al Duhail
Fernando_Moreno / Shutterstock.com

On Monday, both clubs exchanged key documents to finalize the transfer and a loan deal for the 28-year-old is expected to be announced within the next 24 hours.

Only some final details such as player permit to enable him feature for his potential new side.

If all goes as planned, Dudu will be loaned to Al Duhail for a year. The Qatar side will pay seven million euros (about R $ 42 million) for this first contract.

The loan deal goes with an option to purchase and should Al Duhail activate that option, Palmeiras will receive another six million euros, in addition to one million in bonuses. It would bring the total cost of the deal to 14 million euros (about R $ 84.8 million at the current price).

In addition to that, there is a compulsory purchase option for Al Duhail should Dudu make a certain number of appearances.

In other details regarding the deal, Al Duhail would only get 80% of the Brazilian’s right. Palmeiras would retain the remaining 20% of profit in any future sale at all.

Dudu himself has played a crucial part in seeing that negotiations have taken place faster. More than once, the 28-year-old has stated his intention to the Palmeiras board about him leaving the club.

However, the Qatar outfit have been monitoring the player’s situation following recent allegations of assault from his ex-wife. Another issue that makes his stay at Palmeiras even more difficult.

Since he joined the club in 2015Dudu has made 188 appearances for the club, scoring 45 goals and supplying 61 assists.

Comments

Icon Grey Chat
0