Palmeiras

Discuss your favorite teams’ performances: Flamengo, Fluminense, Vasco, Botafogo, São Paulo FC, Santos, Corinthians, Palmeiras, Grêmio ...

Modérateurs: Fred, NicholasSavage, matbur

Palmeiras

Messagepar harveyb1 » 05 Janvier 2012, 15:33

Does anyone know much about Palmeiras? I wanted to know what their starting line-up would be and in what formation?
harveyb1
Campeão
Campeão

Re: Palmeiras

Messagepar christopheratkins » 05 Janvier 2012, 16:48

Tough to say yet, as they are talking about changing 30% of their squad in time for the 2012 season start. They are taking their time though! I will let you know once the state championships start.

Off-the-pitch, they are a mess. Luis Felipe Scolari is the boss and has alienated everyone, but they can't sack him because the pay-off would be huge. Hopefully the addition of Cesar Sampaio as a Director of Football will calm it down a bit!
christopheratkins
Campeão
Campeão

Messagepar Kabelo » 06 Janvier 2012, 15:03

Hi Chris
How exactly has Big Phil alienated others at Palmeiras, been wondering what the cause of their demise is.. I know they are set to sign Carlos Alberto..which other players will they be bringing on board and how good was Gabriel Silva as compared to Alex Sandro who is at Porto in competing for the Olympic team slot.

Also based on current transfer market activity with Jadson being linked with Sao Paulo and Montilo with Corinthians which team do you consider as favourites for the Paulista championship and the brasileirao? I think Sao Paulo have a strong squad with Bruno Cortes, denilson, Lucas, Luis Fabiano, Emerson Leao and henrique..they should be favourites for the title
Kabelo
Campeão
Campeão

Messagepar Manneringo » 17 Janvier 2013, 15:37

Such a shame that Palmeiras have been relegated. Like Gremio, Vasco and Corinthians in recent seasons they will probably bounce back at the first attempt. although the fact they are in the Copa Libertadores means they may take their eye of the ball. The fact they are in the Libertadores also means they will be able to attract some interesting players despite being in the second division.
Manneringo
Campeão
Campeão

Messagepar Fred » 18 Janvier 2013, 16:09

For Palmeiras, i think it is not so dramatic since they will play the Libertadores this year and probably come back to the Série A in 2014 with their new stadium.
Remember Corinthians few years ago ..
Fred
Hexacampeão
Hexacampeão

Messagepar Manneringo » 21 Janvier 2013, 17:48

Corinthians have bounce back in style...I think Palmeiras will return at the first attempt but will struggle in the Copa Libertadores this year.
Manneringo
Campeão
Campeão

Messagepar Fred » 22 Janvier 2013, 14:56

I agree, they announced yesterday the name of their new president .. Paulo Nobre .. 44 years old. César Sampaio also left the club with Arnaldo Tirone .. They are cleaning the house!
Fred
Hexacampeão
Hexacampeão

Messagepar Manneringo » 22 Janvier 2013, 15:08

There is a lot of talk about Riquelme joining at the moment...although I have heard southampton are in the mix!!
Manneringo
Campeão
Campeão

Messagepar christopheratkins » 22 Janvier 2013, 16:20

Palmeiras, sadly, have been a mess. It's a shame to see Sampaio go, as he seemed to be trying to sort it out. Tirone and Frizzo made the club a laughing stock. A big change was needed.

They have some very good young talents coming through (Diego Souza, Joao Denoni, Bruno Dybal, Luiz Gustavo, Vinicius) and, as has been pointed out, a new stadium on the way. Their signings have been solid also.

Riquelme is agreed, just needs the approval of the new President. They need to get Valdivia off the wage bill, in my opinion. High earner who offers little end product.
christopheratkins
Campeão
Campeão

Messagepar Manneringo » 22 Janvier 2013, 16:48

Valdivia is a player with so much talent who has really been a let down. For the money he has been paid in both Brazil and in the Middle East with Al Ain he is yet to justify any of it. When he is good..is is fantastic...When he is bad...he is so frustrating.
Manneringo
Campeão
Campeão

Suivant

Retour vers Brazilian clubs