Big Phil's first Brazil Squad.

Chat around our national team five-time world champions

Modérateurs: Fred, NicholasSavage, matbur

Big Phil's first Brazil Squad.

Messagepar Kabelo » 22 Janvier 2013, 17:23

Hi guys, just to appreciate which Brazillian players you would like to see in Felipao's first squad to face England. Here is my 23.

Goalkeepers :
Cassio, Diego Alves & Jefferson

Defenders:
D.Alves, Rafael da Silva, Marcelo, Felipe Luis, Dede, Luisao, Dante, David Luiz

Midfield:
Paulinho, Ramires, Fernandinho,Fernando Francisco Reges(FC.Porto), Kaka, Oscar, Diego,Lucas Moura

Strikers
Hulk,Neymar,Fred,Leandro Damiao
Kabelo
Campeão
Campeão

Re: Big Phil's first Brazil Squad.

Messagepar Manneringo » 22 Janvier 2013, 17:37

I would have Mineiro's Victor in goal and Andre Santos from Porto in the squad.
Manneringo
Campeão
Campeão

Messagepar Manneringo » 22 Janvier 2013, 17:43

Also...Bernard should maybe be included in the squad. There are also a few midfielders like Arouca or Ralf that are maybe worthy of a call up. The problem with Brazil is their are too many players I like to choice from!!!!!!! Oh and maybe Leandro Castan at the back!!!!
Manneringo
Campeão
Campeão

Messagepar tetkale » 23 Janvier 2013, 07:46

the squad has been revealed
Goalkeepers: Diego Alves (Valencia, Spain), Julio Cesar (Queens Park Rangers, England)
Defenders: Adriano (Barcelona, Spain), Dante (Bayern Munich, Germany), Daniel Alves (Barcelona, Spain), David Luiz (Chelsea, England), Felipe Luis (Atletico Madrid, Spain), Leandro Castan (Roma, Italy), Miranda (Atletico Madrid, Spain)
Midfielders: Arouca (Santos), Hernanes (Lazio, Italy), Lucas (Paris Saint-Germain, France), Oscar (Chelsea, England), Paulinho (Corinthians), Ramires (Chelsea, England)
Forwards: Fred (Fluminense), Hulk (Zenit St. Petersburg, Russia), Luiz Fabiano (Sao Paulo), Neymar (Santos), Ronaldinho (Atletico Mineiro)
tetkale
Campeão
Campeão

Messagepar tetkale » 23 Janvier 2013, 08:04

injured Thiago silva- Sandro and marcelo of course will return once healthy. That squad has 20 players so its missing 1 goalie and 2 more players- the inclusion of Ronaldinho Fabiano julio cesar prove that Felipao does not want to waiste time applying his formula so he picked those veterans whose been there done that at the big stage. i dislike the choice of Fred because i feel that damiao and Pato are better.
tetkale
Campeão
Campeão

Messagepar Fred » 23 Janvier 2013, 15:12

One question ... I cannot answer it yet .. Can Brazil win the World Cup with Fred or Luis Fabiano as stricker?
Just remember 2002 .. Ronaldo .. 1994 .. Romario ..
Fred
Hexacampeão
Hexacampeão

Messagepar Manneringo » 23 Janvier 2013, 16:27

I think with Neymar and Hulk they can!
Manneringo
Campeão
Campeão

Messagepar Kabelo » 23 Janvier 2013, 16:46

I believe Fred can be very useful, seeing that he is more mature and experienced than Damiao, Brazil can change between systems as Felipao said in an interview, i tend to like Neymar and Hulk upfront, gives the team more movement and better possesion of the ball. My main disapointment is the absence of Fernando from Porto, He could be used to protect a back foursit with the centre backs and free the wing backs aswell as liberate either Ramires or Paulinho. With Fernando there, Thiago Silva and Marcelo fit, they could line up like this; J.Cesar; D.Alves,Thiago Silva, Dante, Marcelo; Fernando, Paulinho,Oscar, Kaka,Neymar,Hulk. Oscar will play like a registar
Kabelo
Campeão
Campeão

Messagepar tetkale » 24 Janvier 2013, 04:31

Let me answer your question. At the time of the World Cup for both Romario and Ronaldo they were at their peak playing for a stronghold european team. Romario in 93-94 won with barcelona la Liga and Spanish supercup. he was also la liga top scorer. Ronaldo won UEFA cup with Inter Milan in 1998. Fred had to request a release from LYON for lack of playing time. Don't get me wrong he is a good striker but there are better players out there at his position. So the answer is NO both fabiano and Fred can't be your savior in 2014 WC
tetkale
Campeão
Campeão

Messagepar jim » 24 Janvier 2013, 10:58

Fred's a decent player to have around. He played well in Brazil last season and that sort of home based player who's performing well is always useful in my opinion.

He won't be the one of the main strikers going into 2014 though.
Author of Sambafoot Sunday. Owner of Brazilian football site The Botafogo Star.
Follow me on Twitter
jim
Campeão
Campeão

Suivant

Retour vers Seleção