A shame and blame for the whole Brazilian nation!

Chat around our national team five-time world champions

Modérateurs: Fred, NicholasSavage, matbur

A shame and blame for the whole Brazilian nation!

Messagepar Elivelton » 09 Juillet 2014, 14:23

What 13 players of the Selecao had shown against Germany yesterday is an open offence for the whole Brazilian people! (with the only exception of Marcelo)

Besides Marcelo and David Luiz I never wanna see those players in the Selecao again!

No doubt a defeat is possible at every time. Even against Germany.
The Selecao can loose but not in that way their players did yesterday.

Players shouldn't make in pathos. They aren't responsible for the brazilian population. They should play their game on the pitch!
Not more, not less.

Don't they know what a honor it is to carry the yellow Selecao's shirt?

But perhaps it's time to change the colour of the clothes like they did after 1950? After that disaster.
I know it's only futebol. But it's most provoking.
Elivelton
Campeão
Campeão

Re: A shame and blame for the whole Brazilian nation!

Messagepar Rivaldo10 » 11 Juillet 2014, 12:31

Marcelo has been the 2nd worst defender for Brazil in this World Cup after Dani Alves. None of the defenders picked for this World Cup should be back except Thiago Silva and David Luiz. Luiz obviously had the worst game of his career against Germany but I'm willing to excuse it because of everything else he's done for this team throughout the World Cup. But overall this has been Brazil's worst World Cup campaign since 1990. The talent in our country is slowly dying like Romario said. And major changes need to be done. Starting with a new coach. The lack of tactical awareness from Scolari was ridiculous. He played the same 4-2-3-1 lineup in every match and finally got screwed when he played a good team. He refused to take Fred out of the lineup and put tiny Bernard in a game against one of the more physical teams in the World Cup. Scolari was clueless throughout this entire thing. He lost his magic quite a while ago. The last time he did anything was when he reached the semi-final with Portugal in 2006. That was 8 years ago. The game has changed a lot since then. This team as you said was a true disgrace to the Selecao. The players that should be back are Thiago Silva, David Luiz, Luis Gustavo, Oscar, Neymar and Hulk. The rest of this team should never be seen again. Filipe Luis was arguably the best LB in La Liga and Scolari picked Maxwell over him. Ridiculous stuff.
Rivaldo10
Campeão
Campeão

Messagepar markm » 11 Juillet 2014, 20:30

Marcelo is a liability, with a dirty, ugly, squalid style of play.
He should not under any circumstances represent the Selecao again.
And quite honesty I would think twice about Luiz.
markm
Campeão
Campeão

Messagepar Rivaldo10 » 12 Juillet 2014, 08:50

Luiz indeed had the worst game of his career. But I noticed he comes out of his position way too often. I think we could have a decent playmaking CDM if we change his position in the near future. Of course Scolari won't change anything but maybe the new coach might.
Rivaldo10
Campeão
Campeão

Messagepar RonLuv » 12 Juillet 2014, 13:48

It is a shame that you have titled your thread "A shame and blame for the whole Brazilian nation", because there is no shame for Brazil in this World Cup. Yes! There should be some blame, as there will always be in face of a catastrophic loss, but certainly no shame. Remember! For there to be great wins, there must be great losses. Truth be told, the team as well as the poor people of Brazil loss and the world of football won a great World Cup...

The only shame in this whole affair is the fact that FIFA did not find it necessary to punish the coward back breaker Zuniga, and to remove the yellow card of Silva. And when you think that FIFA had tested a multitude of Costa Rican players (after they beat Italy), which was way beyond the established rules, but did not find it necessary to test not even one German player - the shame becomes clear.

And it was a shame that William did not get a chance to play with Oscar up front from the start... It was also a shame that Scolari did not make a change in the backfield right after 3-0... Scolari should resign after the Holland game (win or lose), because if he stays then he better hope that the team will win their 6th star in 2018, or he will have to live with the shameful blame.

The day will come when Brazil will have 7 stars, and every one will laugh at the historic 7-1 loss.
RonLuv
Campeão
Campeão

Messagepar RonLuv » 14 Juillet 2014, 01:28

markm a écrit:Marcelo is a liability, with a dirty, ugly, squalid style of play.
He should not under any circumstances represent the Selecao again.
And quite honesty I would think twice about Luiz.

What a pass and finish! The Germans have shown that harmonious team play will beat individual talent any day, as it is a superior approach to a winning result. Bravo to the Germans, and with that goalie in the next WC they will be another story. Messi truly deserves the Golden Ball Trophy as he was the best player of that match...

Well now i am in my WC to normal life readjustment period, because my brain has been a soccer ball since June 12th. LOL. It has been a very especial time for more reasons than i can mention. But Brazil's Marcelo scoring the first goal on Brazil to give Croatia a 1-0 lead in the first game of the tournament was very telling, obviously. Spain, then the reigning champion and #1 team in the world was beaten 5-1 by Holland in their first game... Brazil's beauty as well as the back to back against Germany and Holland by 10-1 total... USA's stunning win against Ghana... The penalty shoot out between Brazil and Chile... Holland's Captain giving his armband to the older fan along with Robben reaching out to that crying child in his mother's arm... Etcetera, etc...

The qualification started in June of 2011 and ended in November of last year - over 200 teams played more than 800 games to give us 31 + Brazil (automatic as host nation). Woowww!

Bravo, to the Champions, and the other teams must remember that they are all winners....

I can not wait for the next WC in Russia - God willing, Haiti will be one of the 32 teams.

RonLuv
RonLuv
Campeão
Campeão

Messagepar SoFly84 » 14 Juillet 2014, 20:45

Marcelo was awful against Germany, yes, but really that's on Felipão for leaving him utterly exposed on Germany's stronger side with only Hulk ahead of him (obviously HE wasn't going to try defending at all was he?!)

Elivelton: I think they ought to switch to black for some time - they already launched a couple of black kits in 2011 and 2013!!
SoFly84
Campeão
Campeão

Messagepar markm » 15 Juillet 2014, 20:27

well said RonLuv - i too am counting the days to Russia, but am happy to have experienced this world cup. Even if the team I have loved since a child were humiliated in the semi-finals. They should not have even got that far. Colombia brought delight to the game.
it will be interesting to see what happens to the Selecao now. Santana (rest his soul) is no longer with us, who will actually take the team in a more expressive direction ?
What happens if this great team play beautiful football in Russia...only to get knocked out again ?

Mark
markm
Campeão
Campeão

Retour vers Seleção