Corinthians announce Andre Luis exit, striker moves to South Korea
The reported of the transfer is said to be around US $ 2.2 million, approximately R $ 11 million. The player was already on loan at the Asian club and had a contract running until December 2020. Hence, it was easy for both sides to agree on a transfer.
Corinthians explained the details behind Andre Luis’ rights and explained fully in a statement.
The club held 50% of the athlete's image rights while his former side Cianorte-PR retained the other 50%. In new negotiations with Daejeon, Corinthians will still have 10% right of proceeds should the South Korean side sell him to another club.
Based on the above, it means the Alvinegra outfit would receive about R $ 5.5 million from the total amount paid for Andre Luis.
The decision to sell the Brazilian mostly comes from a financial standpoint as Corinthians are believed to be in search of ways to raise funds.
Corinthians announced his departure on Friday afternoon via social media and an accompanying post on their website.
“André Luis is no longer a Corinthians player. We thank the athlete for his services and wish him the best of luck in this new journey” the club said in a post on their Twitter account.
The departure of the forward saw mixed reactions from the club’s supporters.
In his short spell at Corinthians, André Luis played five matches and was a member of the winning squad that lifted the 2019 Paulista Championship. After the State Championship, the 23-year-old joined Fortaleza on loan before moving to Asian side Daejeon earlier this year.
The player still had a contract with Corinthians until December 2022, but his good start in South Korean football was enough for Daejeon to want the striker permanently. In his last five matches for the South Korean side, André Luis has been in good form, scoring six goals and supplying an assist.