• Atlético Mineiro
  • Fluminense
  • Grêmio
  • São Paulo FC
  • Corinthians
  • Internacional
  • Vasco da Gama
  • Santos FC
  • Sport
  • Palmeiras
  • Atlético PR
  • Chapecoense
  • Ponte Preta
  • Avai
  • Cruzeiro
  • Flamengo
  • Figueirense
  • Goias
  • Coritiba
  • Joinville

Modesto Roma says Robinho's return to Santos depends on player's will

 

Santos president Modesto Roma Júnior gave an interview on Monday in which he once  again said that Robinho's return to the Vila Belmiro depends on the player's will.
As revealed by UOL Esporte, the club are interested in having Robinho in 2017 and talks about the possibility of taking him out of Atlético Mineiro. The return of Robinho is treated by Santos as a priority and the settlement of a R$ 2 million debt they had with the striker was the first step in the attempt to make viable his fourth spell at the club. In addition to Robinho, Cazares is another Atlético Mineiro player that interests Santos. Modesto told ESPN Brasil: "Santos is the home of Robinho. He comes back any time he wants, I know he has another year of contract with Atlético Mineiro, but I do not despise Robinho's return. Knows that this is his home and will be welcomed with open arms."
Modesto also spoke about striker Gabriel Barbosa [Gabigol] who left Santos to play at Inter Milan in the middle of the year. The player has received few opportunities in Italy, but according to the president, a return at the moment is unlikely. He added: "We always talk to Gabriel, he knows the responsibility, if it was his intention, he would already be training at the centre, but we know that he is responsible and that he is fulfilling his contract at Inter Milan."
About Gabigol, UOL Esporte revealed last week that Santos are considering the possibility of bringing him back if there's no positive outcome in the negotiations with Atlético Mineiro for Robinho. The board od Santos have already been warned that the attacker intends to return to the club on loan, but his high wages is the main obstacle. Gabriel Barbosa receives R$ 1.2 million per month from Inter Milan. Santos have already sent the message to the youngster's representatives that they would only accept to pay up to R$ 400,000. In this scenario, the 20-year-old must to accept losing more than half of his salary.

Santos president Modesto Roma Júnior gave an interview on Monday in which he once  again said that Robinho's return to the Vila Belmiro depends on the player's will.

As revealed by UOL Esporte, the club are interested in having Robinho in 2017 and talks about the possibility of taking him out of Atlético Mineiro. The return of Robinho is treated by Santos as a priority and the settlement of a R$ 2 million debt they had with the striker was the first step in the attempt to make viable his fourth spell at the club. In addition to Robinho, Cazares is another Atlético Mineiro player that interests Santos. Modesto told ESPN Brasil: "Santos is the home of Robinho. He comes back any time he wants, I know he has another year of contract with Atlético Mineiro, but I do not despise Robinho's return. Knows that this is his home and will be welcomed with open arms."

Modesto also spoke about striker Gabriel Barbosa [Gabigol] who left Santos to play at Inter Milan in the middle of the year. The player has received few opportunities in Italy, but according to the president, a return at the moment is unlikely. He added: "We always talk to Gabriel, he knows the responsibility, if it was his intention, he would already be training at the centre, but we know that he is responsible and that he is fulfilling his contract at Inter Milan."

About Gabigol, UOL Esporte revealed last week that Santos are considering the possibility of bringing him back if there's no positive outcome in the negotiations with Atlético Mineiro for Robinho. The board od Santos have already been warned that the attacker intends to return to the club on loan, but his high wages is the main obstacle. Gabriel Barbosa receives R$ 1.2 million per month from Inter Milan. Santos have already sent the message to the youngster's representatives that they would only accept to pay up to R$ 400,000. In this scenario, the 20-year-old must to accept losing more than half of his salary.

 

 
 

Latest News.

  • All
  • Seleção
  • Teams
  • Players
prev
    next

    Football Forum

      prev
      next
      To the top