• Atlético Mineiro
  • Fluminense
  • Grêmio
  • São Paulo FC
  • Corinthians
  • Internacional
  • Vasco da Gama
  • Santos FC
  • Sport
  • Palmeiras
  • Atlético PR
  • Chapecoense
  • Ponte Preta
  • Avai
  • Cruzeiro
  • Flamengo
  • Figueirense
  • Goias
  • Coritiba
  • Joinville

Ganso has asked São Paulo's board to let him join Sevilla

 

The board of São Paulo have admitted that playmaker Paulo Henrique Ganso has asked to be sold to La Liga side Sevilla in the European transfer window.
São Paulo president Carlos Augusto de Barros e Silva, also known as Leco, had revealed that he's already received a proposal of €8 million from Sevilla, but would only accept to sell in the event of a superior offer. The request from Paulo Henrique Ganso to be negotiated with Sevilla was informed by the president in an interview with Globo Esporte. Leco had a conversation with Ganso in recent days and heard from the player about his desire to join Sevilla because he believe that this may be his last chance to achieve the dream of playing in Europe. Leco, who understands that Ganso is not forcing his exit, doesn't want to get into a tug of war and should resolve the issue as quickly as possible, perhaps even before the end of São Paulo's participation in the Libertadores.
What still obstructs any agreement is the amount proposed by Sevilla. It's considered low by São Paulo, as they hold just 32% of the economic rights of the player. The other 68% of rights belong to investment group DIS. The 26-year-old has a contract with São Paulo until September 2017 and has signalled that he should not renew the bond. An initial proposal put forward by the club was turned down by Ganso in recent weeks. Ganso is currently injured and didn't play in the Copa Libertadores semi-final first-leg against Atlético Nacional.

The board of São Paulo have admitted that playmaker Paulo Henrique Ganso has asked to be sold to La Liga side Sevilla in the European transfer window.

São Paulo president Carlos Augusto de Barros e Silva, also known as Leco, had revealed that he's already received a proposal of €8 million from Sevilla, but would only accept to sell in the event of a superior offer. The request from Paulo Henrique Ganso to be negotiated with Sevilla was informed by the president in an interview with Globo Esporte. Leco had a conversation with Ganso in recent days and heard from the player about his desire to join Sevilla because he believe that this may be his last chance to achieve the dream of playing in Europe. Leco, who understands that Ganso is not forcing his exit, doesn't want to get into a tug of war and should resolve the issue as quickly as possible, perhaps even before the end of São Paulo's participation in the Libertadores.

What still obstructs any agreement is the amount proposed by Sevilla. It's considered low by São Paulo, as they hold just 32% of the economic rights of the player. The other 68% of rights belong to investment group DIS. The 26-year-old has a contract with São Paulo until September 2017 and has signalled that he wouldn't renew the bond. An initial proposal put forward by the club to extend his contract was turned down by Ganso in recent weeks. Ganso is currently injured and didn't play in the Copa Libertadores semi-final first-leg against Atlético Nacional.

 

 
 

Latest News.

  • All
  • Seleção
  • Teams
  • Players
prev
    next

    Football Forum

      prev
      next
      To the top