• Atlético Mineiro
  • Fluminense
  • Grêmio
  • São Paulo FC
  • Corinthians
  • Internacional
  • Vasco da Gama
  • Santos FC
  • Sport
  • Palmeiras
  • Atlético PR
  • Chapecoense
  • Ponte Preta
  • Avai
  • Cruzeiro
  • Flamengo
  • Figueirense
  • Goias
  • Coritiba
  • Joinville

Report: Barcelona, Chelsea, Juventus and Manchester United to compete for Fluminense teenager Gerson

Brazil's Gerson (L) and Peru's Alexander Succar (R) compete for the ball during their match at the South American Youth Football Championship on 4th February, 2015
Action Images

Barcelona, Chelsea, Juventus and Manchester United will compete to sign Fluminense teenager Gerson, according to reports.

Lance!net, as cited by website three and in, claims that the European quartet all have their eye on Gerson, who operates as a central midfielder.

Barcelona are believed to be leading the race for the 17 year-old, with his father, Marcao, reportedly holding talks with Neymar’s family over a possible move and even having a tour of the training ground.

Marcao’s role in his son’s future is key, as he is assumed to own around 40% of his contract, with Fluminense controlling the other 60% and having Gerson tied down until December 2019.

They are believed to value him at around €29 million, but with Marcao’s influence, it is unclear how much of a say they will have on where he moves.

Gerson is considered to be one of Fluminense’s most promising young players. The 17 year-old made his first-team debut in this year’s Campeonato Carioca and played 90 minutes in Saturday’s 1-0 win at home to Joinvill,e in the opening game of the 2015 Brasileirão.

Outside of Fluminense, he has played for Brazil at under-20 level and was part of the squad that came 4th at the 2015 South American Youth Football Championship.

 
 

Latest News.

  • All
  • Seleção
  • Teams
  • Players
prev
    next

    Football Forum

      prev
      next
      To the top