Dunga denies having a black list and would consider calling up Júlio César and Fred to the national squadDunga previously led Brazil to disappointment at the 2010 World Cup
Dunga will face his first test in his second spell as Brazil manager when his team face Colombia in a friendly on September 5. His first squad will be announced on August 19 and the 50-year-old has insisted he won’t be calling players up based on “friendship or marketing”, reports Goal.com.
Four days after the game against Colombia, the Seleção will play Ecuador. Recently appointed head coach Dunga has revealed that he will pick those in the best physical condition and has not ruled out anybody.
“Who says that Júlio César and Fred won’t come? We are looking at all players. Players who could have been at the last World Cup but weren’t and also players that were and need to live up to expectations,” said Dunga at an event to promote football in Japan.
“Selection will be based on competence and not on friendship or marketing.
“Nearer the time we’ll put the jigsaw together. Many of those playing in Europe are returning to pre-season and there are some that may not be in shape.
“I hope that all players are well and available for selection.”