Work stops at World Cup stadiumThe stadium hosted a Corinthians training session two weeks ago -
The death of a worker at the Brazilian stadium due to host the opening match on June 12 has forced authorities to stop work at temporary stands.
Fábio Hamilton da Cruz died on Saturday after falling 25 feet while installing floors on the stands, becoming the third construction worker to perish while working on the Arena Corinthians in São Paulo.
The stadium was supposed to be handed over to FIFA in December but the delivery date was pushed back after two workers were killed in November when a crane toppled over.
Since then, work has been slow, although many are concerned that safety may be taking a back seat to haste as workers rush to finish the stadium in time.
AS a consequence of the latest incident, Brazilian authorities have halted work at the temporary stands of the stadium, the company in charge of the construction said.
The regional labour authority of São Paulo have demanded that Fast Engenharia stop building and that they make a technical analysis of the project, the company said in a statement.
Fast Engenharia said that after the analysis it will announce a new time frame for finishing the temporary stands.