Curitiba earns World Cup reprieveThe stadium still has no seats
FIFA have confirmed that the Brazilian city of Curitiba will remain a venue for this year's World Cup but the world governing body have said that progress must continue at the "highest pace".
Six of the twelve venues to be used in the World Cup missed the initial December 31 deadline.
The 40,000-seater Arena da Baixada in the southern city brought in hundreds of extra workers to avoid being the first ground to be dropped from a World Cup.
Last month FIFA General Secretary, Jerome Valcke, warned that operations were seriously behind schedule and that Curitiba could be excluded unless work quickened.
However, after witnessing development and hearing financial guarantees for the improvement works, FIFA have decided to continue with the venue.
"It is essential that the works are maintained at the required levels and that a collective effort by all the stakeholders involved in Curitiba continues," said Valcke.
"It is a race against a very tight timeline and will require regular monitoring, but we are counting on the commitment made by Atlético Paranaense, the city and the state of Curitiba."
At least 1,500 workers will now complete the stadium by mid-May.