Rafinha reveals it was Real Madrid's Marcelo who told him first that he was in the Brazil squad
Bayern Munich's Rafinha has revealed that Real Madrid defender Marcelo was the first person to break the news that the 28-year-old had been called up to the Brazil squad.
Luiz Felipe Scolari announced on Tuesday that Rafinha would be in his latest Seleção squad for their friendly against South Africa in March.
However, it was only after the defender had finished training with Bayern that he found out the news.
Goal.com reported quotes from the 28-year-old defender who had spoken to Globo.
"You wouldn't believe the way it happened," said Rafinha.
"I was at training in the changing rooms. When I picked up my phone and there was a message from Marcelo congratulating me for the call-up.
"He is a great friend, but I almost didn't believe it. Then Dante came and hugged me. It was cool the way it happened."
Rafinha knows this is likely to be his final chance to impress Scolari enough to earn a spot in his World Cup squad.
And he is desperate to leave a lasting impression, he added: "There will be three days with the national team.
"I know most of the players who will be there. Everything counts now.
"I'll be quiet as ever, without forcing anything. I'll do my job and leave the best possible impression."