Figueirense confirm that striker Rafael Costa is heading to South Korea
Rodrigo Pastana, Figueirense’s Sporting Director, has confirmed that the 26-year-old has signed for FC Seoul.
The striker’s exit from the catarinense club was always a question of time. He had not taken place in a single training session this week and the player’s advisor had confirmed that he was organising paperwork to facilitate the player’s move away from the club.
“It’s all done. He will go to FC Seoul. He just needs to complete his medical. He’s travelling there today [Thursday] and tomorrow to sort out the final few details,” said Rodrigo Pastana.
Rafael Costa’s contract with the Florianópolis club was due to expire in 2016. “We would only let him go if it was good for the club. We decided to let him leave because Figueirense, like other clubs in this country, do not wish to exist in a precarious financial situation and so have to sell players. He, unfortunately, is the first,” said the director.
This, in fact, is the second attacking player that Figueirense have lost after releasing Pablo to Real Madrid ‘B’. As a consequence, the team managed by Vinicius Eutrópio will be looking to bolster their attacking options. Ciro, previously with Atlético-PR, and Lúcio Maranhão, ex-ASA, are currently training with the club.