Arsenal quash Bernard rumours - report
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has quashed rumours of Bernard moving to the Emirates after reports of a medical earlier today.
John Cross of The Daily Mirror reported on his Twitter account that Wenger told him the "move was not true", and he was backed by the Daily Telegraph's Jeremy Wilson who claimed that Arsenal were pursuing Liverpool's Luis Suarez instead.
The 20-year-old Brazil international has been mooted with a move to the Premier League this summer, with Tottenham and Liverpool also said to be interested.
Bernard will participate in the second leg of the Galo’s Copa Libertadores final with Olimpia in two days’ time, which his side trail 2-0, and it is widely expected to be his last game for the club.
According to L'Equipe this morning, he was to fly to London on Thursday for a medical and sign a five-year contract worth €3 million per season, but there was no mention of a transfer fee.
Atlético Mineiro president Alexandre Kalil was on record earlier this summer claiming that €25m was the asking price for Bernard, while any deal is likely to be complicated by third party owners.
BMG own 50% of Bernard's playing rights but any Premier League clubs will have to pay the full fee as the FA have banned third party ownerships in England.
Bernard was part of the Seleção's Confederations Cup-winning squad last month and has also been linked with moves to Porto, Borussia Dortmund and Shakhtar Donetsk.