Adriano turned down by Chinese club after being declared as ‘unsuitable’
Chinese club Qingdao Jonnon have denied reports that Brazilian striker Adriano will join the team for the upcoming season.
The 31-year-old was linked with a move to China earlier this week but Tan Xu, deputy general manager of the club, told the Jinan Times they have pulled out of the deal due to the Brazilian’s poor physical condition.
"We made contact with Adriano, but his physical condition is not suitable for play," Tan said.
"Moreover, the Chinese league’s transfer window will close on Thursday and we cannot finish the deal in such a short time."
Adriano continues his search for regular football after leaving Flamengo under a cloud after failing to attend numerous physiotherapy sessions and reported excursions to nightclubs.
The former Seleção striker has been turned down by a succession of clubs and a glittering career looks set to come to a ignominious end.
Source: China Daily