Lazio's Hernanes could face Napoli despite being ruled out for a month - report
Lazio star Hernanes is said to be recovering quickly from a head injury and could face Napoli on Saturday, despite previously being ruled out for a month.
The Brazilian playmaker suffered head trauma and some retrograde amnesia when he clashed heads with Juventus’ Luca Marrone during last Tuesday’s Coppa Italia semi-final win.
Hernanes had initially been told he would probably not play for a month, but the Brazilian resumed light training today.
The 27-year-old had actually declared himself fit following the incident, despite not remembering it actually happening.
He said: "If it were up to me, I’d play the next game [away to Genoa].
"I started to regain consciousness in the ambulance, but I have no memory of the impact.
"When I arrived at the hospital, they told me we were in the final and the joy drowned out the pain. I want to thank the fans who supported me and the team as they always give us positive energy."
Hernanes, who had to be replaced by Fluminense’s Jean in Brazil’s squad, will have another MRI scan tomorrow and a good result could see him passed fit to play on Saturday for the visit of Napoli.
The Biancocelesti will be hoping to have the midfielder back as soon as possible, after losing Miroslav Klose for two months with a knee injury.
Source: Football Italia