Corinthians squad valued highest in the 2013 Copa Libertadores
Brazil has the top five most valued squad is this year’s Copa Libertadores according to a survey by sports business specialists Pluri Consultoria.
The current champions, Corinthians, have the most valued squad, with São Paulo, Fluminense, Atlético Mineiro and Grêmio making up the rest of the top five.
The survey values Corinthians squad, who are top, as worth €96.1million, while the least valued club, Deportivo Anzoátegui of Venezuela, are worth just €9.8million.
The combined total of the all the 38 teams in the competition comes to €1.2billion, making it the 16th most valuable competition in the world.
The Copa Libertadores begins this week, with games on Tuesday,Wednesday and Thursday, with the playoff round for a place in the group stage.
1. Corinthians (Brazil) - €96.1million
2. São Paulo (Brazil) - €90.1million
3. Fluminense (Brazil) - €80.2million
4 .Atlético Mineiro (Brazil) - €71million
5. Grêmio (Brazil) - €70.4million
6. Boca Juniors (Argentina) - €53.1million
7. Vélez Sarsfield (Argentina) - €45.8million
8. Palmeiras (Brazil) - €45.4million
9. Arsenal de Sarandi (Argentina) - €38.3million
10. Universidad de Chile (Chile) - €37.3million
Source: Globo Esporte