Marcos Assuncão refuses to rule out Palmeiras return
Marcos Assuncão has refused to rule out a return to Palmeiras if they approach him with an improved contract after club elections.
A new board will be elected on January 21 and the veteran midfielder says he would be open to negotiations despite announcing his departure from Palmeiras but says they have to move quickly.
"There is a chance, so far there is nothing concrete with any team. My desire is to stay, and while I do not have anything concrete, I'm open to negotiations, even with Palmeiras.
"I'm unemployed, but the phone can ring anytime and someone can say, 'come here and join us.' Life is full of decisions, and we have to work where we can be happy.
"So far we have nothing, I've waited until now. From this moment I am open to negotiations, but I waited, did not negotiate with anyone, I told my manager not hear from anyone bar Palmeiras. I waited until today to try to stay."
The 36-year-old, who made 146 appearances and scored 31 goals during a two year spell, was been unable to reach a new agreement with the Alviverde after his contract expired in December.
The former captain is the 22nd player to the leave the club following Palmeiras’ disastrous relegation to Série B last season.