• Atlético Mineiro
  • Fluminense
  • Grêmio
  • São Paulo FC
  • Corinthians
  • Internacional
  • Vasco da Gama
  • Santos FC
  • Sport
  • Palmeiras
  • Atlético PR
  • Chapecoense
  • Ponte Preta
  • Avai
  • Cruzeiro
  • Flamengo
  • Figueirense
  • Goias
  • Coritiba
  • Joinville

Éverton Ribeiro set to complete Cruzeiro switch

Cruzeiro have moved quickly to replace departed Argentine Walter Montillo in the former of Coritiba attacking midfielder Éverton Ribeiro.

Éverton Ribeiro, 23, will sign a four-year deal with the Belo Horizonte club and is expected to arrive in the city on Monday to complete medical examinations and put pen to paper.

As part of the deal, Cruzeiro will purchase 60% of the player's ownership, with agent Robson Ferreira retaining the remaining 40% of his economic rights.

Ferreira revealed on Friday that Ribeiro, who scored eight Série A goals this season, received offers from both Cruzeiro and Santos for his services, but opted for the Mineiro outfit.

“It was the player who chose Cruzeiro,” Ribeiro told reporters. “Above all because of the club's image, it is a very strong brand.

“The fact that Éverton Ribeiro also has faith in [former Coritiba, now Cruzeiro manager] Marcelo Oliveira also counts in their favour.

“I have to emphasise the importance of [director of football] Alexandre Mattos in the negotiations. He conducted it all in a dynamic fashion and was vital to the agreement.”

Source: Lancenet


Latest News.

  • All
  • Seleção
  • Teams
  • Players

    Football Forum

      To the top