Arsenal defender André Santos returns to full training
Arsenal left-back André Santos has returned to full training but will not be ready for the Gunners’ FA Cup clash against Swansea this weekend.
The 29-year-old was a long-term absentee for Arsenal having been out of action since November with an abdominal injury.
However, Santos has now resumed full training but will not be fit in time for the North London side’s trip to Wales on Sunday.
Arsène Wenger said: "Everybody is available because we have [Abou] Diaby and [Andre] Santos coming back into full training.
"They are not completely match-fit, but they are back."
Santos, who moved to Arsenal in September 2011 from Turkish giants Fenerbahçe, has had a difficult time in North London to date.
The Brazilian’s poor form on the pitch coupled with off the field incidents has recently led to him being linked with a move away from the club.
Arsenal were thought to have received a £2.5million bid from Galatasaray last month but Santos says he is focused on remaining with the Gunners.