Bolívar leaves Internacional after the defender’s contract was cancelled
Former Monaco defender Bolívar has left Internacional after the player’s contract was cancelled following talks between the two parties on Thursday morning.
Bolívar, 32, who rejoined Inter in 2009 for his second spell at the Beira-Rio, won two Copa Libertadores titles (in 2006 and 2010) while at the club, as well as the 2008 Copa Sul-Americana.
An agreement between the club and the player, whose contract ran until the end of 2013, was put in place weeks ago but was only confirmed today after Bolívar returned from holiday.
The fallout between the defender and Inter goes back to a refusal by the player to take a place on the bench for a game against Corinthians. Fellow defender Juan was suffering from a headache and Fernandão, who was coach at the time, asked Bolívar to be backup for the game but the player refused.
Bolívar, who played for city rivals Grêmio earlier in his career, has been linked with a move back to the blue half of the city but Vanderlei Luxemburgo has denied interest.
But the player’s future could be sorted out quite quickly and he is said to be in talks with a number of Brazilian clubs.
“We're talking, we're talking,” he told Lancenet!