AC Milan president Silvio Berlusconi hoping to lose only one of Pato or Robinho
AC Milan president Silvio Berlusconi has revealed that he is confident of losing just one of his Brazilian striker Alexandre Pato and Robinho during the January transfer window.
Pato, 23, is all set to join Club World Cup winners Corinthians on Thursday, while Robinho is being courted by both Santos and Atlético Mineiro. However, the former Italian Prime Minister had only words of praise for Pato and displayed affection for the player who never quite made in mark in Milan.
“Pato and Robinho? I hope just one of them leaves,” he told Radio Lombardia.
“I’m sorry especially for Pato, because he suffered this series of injuries and was the greatest promise for the future of Milan, a true champion.
“In the market we had offers from rich clubs, Arabs and Russians, who came to offer us €40 million. I think we will be required to sell only one of the two.”
If both players’ do leave the Italian giants then they will definitely be missed, as coach Massimiliano Allegri told La Gazzetta dello Sport in an interview earlier this week.
“Pato has the potential to be the best player in the world, but I understand that he needs to regain the confidence lost in the midst of so many injuries. And what about Robinho? He is a top level player.”