• Atlético Mineiro
  • Fluminense
  • Grêmio
  • São Paulo FC
  • Corinthians
  • Internacional
  • Vasco da Gama
  • Santos FC
  • Sport
  • Palmeiras
  • Atlético PR
  • Chapecoense
  • Ponte Preta
  • Avai
  • Cruzeiro
  • Flamengo
  • Figueirense
  • Goias
  • Coritiba
  • Joinville

Grêmio Arena set for inaugaration

Grêmio will celebrate the opening of their new 60,000 seater stadium on Saturday evening as they take on Hamburg in a repeat of the 1983 Intercontinental Cup.

Although the Porto Alegre stadium will not be used at the World Cup, it is the first of the latest generation of stadia to be opened in the country and could provide Grêmio with a new source of income.

The club hope that the stadium can rake in €41 million in revenue in its first year alone, with 65% of that money heading to the club and the remaining 35% to be paid to construction company OAS—club partner for at least the next 20 years.

Footballing revenue, including ticket sales is expected to bring in 40% of the stadium's income, with 30,000 feet of rental units, 58 bars and two restaurants accounting for the remainder.

The club are still considering a naming rights deal with the Industrial and Commericial Bank of China (ICBC) which could potentially add to the stadium's revenue, with Ronaldo's 9ine agency handling the potential deal.

 
 

Latest News.

  • All
  • Seleção
  • Teams
  • Players
prev
    next

    Football Forum

    To the top