AC Milan owner Silvio Berlusconi says that Alexandre Pato is not for sale
AC Milan owner Silvio Berlusconi has told Italian newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport that Brazilian striker Alexandre Pato is not for sale, despite the player revealing earlier this week that he is unhappy in Milan and is open to a transfer.
The former Italy Prime Minister visited the clubs training ground, Milanello, on Saturday and was asked by reporters about the situation of the striker. The 76-year-old first dismissed the possibility of a swap deal with Manchester City for Mario Balotelli and then said:
"I do not like to trade. Pato is not for sale. He'll be here. The best treatment for his recovery is here too."
And despite ruling out selling the player, he refused to rule out loaning the player in 2013.
"A loan to help in his recovery? I was not asked, but we will see."
Pato, 23, has had a horrendous time of late with injuries but will not be short of offers if he were to leave Milan. Earlier this week Corinthians president Mário Gobbi Filho mentioned the player as a candidate to fill the clubs desire for a world class number 9.
He told Lancenet: "Ohhh, but I want him here of course I do. Not only him, but other stars, other football aces and icons. Since I do not have to promote the club to him (laughs). He is very welcome here in Corinthians."