Agent to discuss Alexandre Pato’s future with Milan
Alexandre Pato’s agent has revealed that he will talk to Milan about the striker’s future in a meeting next week.
The Brazil international surprisingly issued a quit threat after last night’s 3-1 Champions League win at Anderlecht and a January exit could be a possibility.
The striker, who had been expected to start the match, came off the bench to score Milan’s third goal but was unhappy after the game.
Pato said: "I am happy for the goal and had told the Coach I was going to score.
"Milan are doing well and Stephan El Shaarawy is doing well, but I want to play. We’ll see what to do with my agent."
It is a bitter blow for the Rossoneri, as Pato has just recovered from muscular problems that kept him out for the best part of a year.
Gilmar Veloz, Pato’s agent, said: "If he said certain things then he must have had his reasons.
"I want to get a better understanding of the situation with Milan.
"I’ll arrive in Italy on Tuesday, I’ll speak with Pato and then with the club to evaluate what to do next.
"I don’t want to really say anything more because I wouldn’t want to say inexact things."
The young striker was almost sold to Ligue 1 side Paris Saint-Germain last January until he turned down the switch to the French capital.
"I don’t know if he can leave Milan. We’ll talk about that again after Tuesday," Veloz concluded.