Botafogo starlet Bruno Mendes unmoved by ownership dispute
Despite the current case over who owns the registration of Bruno Mendes between former club Guarani and Botafogo, the player himself got on with what he seem's to best and that's scoring goals.
Mendes, 18, scored again in Botafogo's 3-0 victory over Portuguesa at the weekend and to make it 6 goals in 7 games for the striker.
And those who know the player from birth, are not suprised at the strong mentality he has shown. According to the player's father, Osmar Mendes, Mendes is just concentrating on his game.
He said: "Bruno always had a good head, a natural tranquility. He's okay, I'm sure he will follow in Botafogo. Additionally, we talked to his manager (Gustavo Arribas) and the agent said he has no problem between the player and the Guarani. So there is no reason to worry.
"We traveled here to our town after the game and all is right with the situation of Bruno Mendes. He is focused on continuing the good form he has shown at the club."
The had been rumours that the players contract with the Rio club would have to be cancelled, but president, Mauricio Assumpcao, called the CBF to clarify the situation.
"I called the CBF on Friday and I was informed that the conditions of Bruno Mendes are normal. Justice was clearly in order, but the player's trading was cool," he said.