Neymar ahead of Cristiano Ronaldo in world goal scoring charts
The International Federation of Football History and Statistics (IFFHS) have revealed a list of the top goal scorers in international and club football, which places Neymar ahead of Cristiano Ronaldo.
The Santos forward is currently in second place, two goals behind Barcelona star Lionel Messi and one ahead of Real Madrid’s Cristiano Ronaldo.
The publication, released on Tuesday, covers the amount of goals scored by players during club and international games from January to December.
Also on the list are Brazilian players Leandro Damião and Ricardo Oliveira, who has made the list despite 0 international goals.
Player name - Club - Nation - Goals
1. Lionel Messi (Barcelona / ARGENTINA) - 19 (10/9)
2. Neymar (Santos / BRAZIL) - 17 (8/9)
3. Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid / PORTUGAL) - 16 (11/5)
4. Radamel Falcao García (Atlético Madrid / COLOMBIA) - 15 (12/3)
5. Mohamed Aboutrika (Al-Ahly/EGYPT) - 13 (6/7)
- Leandro Damião (Internacional / BRAZIL) - 13 (6/7)
- Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (Schalke 04/HOLLAND) - 13 (10/3)
8. Michael Mifsud (Valletta / MALTA) - 12 (6/6)
- Emmanuel Clottey (Berekum Chelsea / GHANA) - 12 (12/0)
- Ricardo Oliveira (Al Jazira /BRAZIL) - 12 (12/0)