Troubled Flamengo Striker Adriano unsure whether to continue playing
Flamengo Striker Adriano has been given a reprieve by the club’s management despite missing training twice last week but the Director of Football, Zinho, has admitted that the player is considering his future in the game.
Zinho said: “I had a conversation with Adriano just now about missing training on Saturday morning. He told me he was very confused and did not know whether to continue playing football.
“I talked to him, told him the club's position and he signed the third warning. Now the club has legal right to break the contract. It was my decision. I still believe in his recovery but he asked for time to talk with the family and decide if that is what he wants.”
The former Internazionale striker, 30, has suffered from a number of personal and physical issues in the past but rejoined his boyhood club in September with the hope of recovering from surgery on a problematic left achilles.