Flamengo attempt to sign Renato Santos and Cleber Santana in danger
Flamengo and Avaí are in the process of negotiating a transfer deal which would see five players switch clubs in the coming days, but the move is in danger of collapse.
Flamengo, who lie just one place clear of relegation in the Brasileirão Série A would like to purchase defender Renato Santos, 25, and the experienced midfielder Cléber Santana, 31.
However, in order to agree terms on the deal, Avaí will take three Rubro-Negro players on-loan until the end of the year, including Brazil Under-20 winger Negueba.
The move would complete a bizarre few months of transfer activity for Flamengo, with two of their recent purchases, striker Hernane and defender Thiago Medeiros both offere on-loan as part of the transfer.
Both players, who were bought after stand-out performances in the State Championships, have barely been given an opportunity since their arrival and will now leave the club in order to obtain playing-time.
However, according to the last reports in Brazil, Hernane has rejected the chance to move which would see Avaí pull-out, with the striker seen as crucial to the deals completion.
The transfer of Renato Santos would see Flamengo purchase 40% of the player's economic right, with powerful player agent Eduardo Uram retaining the remaining 60%.