São Paulo: Lucas to Manchester United deal not dead
São Paulo vice-president Joao Paulo de Jesus Lopes has told Estadao ESPN that a deal to take Lucas Moura to Manchester United is not dead.
Lucas, 19, had been the subject of a rejected €36 million bid from the English side, but it appears that the Paulista club are now willing to discuss an exit.
João Paulo de Jesus Lopes said: "I don't rule out the possibility that in the future we open negotiations with Manchester United as we received them with great courtesy.
"And there is the possibility they come back with another offer. Their approach was serious. Other teams have also expressed interest for Lucas, but only through the press from their countries."
With São Paulo's ownership of Lucas set to drop by 10% on August 1, a decision seems likely to be made in the coming week.