Forlan – I have no desire to leave Inter Milan
The Uruguay international has been strongly linked with a move to Atlético Mineiro, who have made it publicly known that they are keen on capturing the forward's signature.
Inter's director Marco Branca confirmed on Sunday that the Nerazzurri are in talks with the Brazilian club over the possible sale of Forlan, but the player at the centre of discussions has now come out claiming that he has no intention of leaving the San Siro.
''Lately there has been a lot of speculation about my future, but there’s nothing true,'' Forlan told Radio Nuevo Tiempo.
''I still have a year on my contract at Inter, with an option for the year after, and I intend to respect it. I'm good at Inter and I have no desire to leave.
''I have had an unlucky year. First I had the two consecutive injuries early on in the season, then I returned in a new role.
''I found it difficult at times, but I do not see anything strange. At Inter I feel great and I know I have the confidence of president [Massimo] Moratti.
''It's not my intention to go, unless the directors have no intention to use me. But so far, nobody has told me a thing, so I see no reason to think about a transfer.''